Automated educational system (AES) is designated to prepare specialists with a degree in “Oil and gas well drilling”
The AES includes four educational units.
- Tasks for drilling rigs.
- Tasks concerning rigging-up and rigging-down.
- Top drive system studies.
- Studying drilling tools and instruments.
The first unit contains demonstrational and examination tasks for the following drilling rigs:
- “BU 2900/200”,
- “BU 3900” with top drive system “PVEG-225”,
- “BU 4000/250” with top drive system DQ50BQ-JH,
- “BU 4500/270” with top drive system Bentec TD-350-HT,
- “USPK BU-320” with top drive system Bentec TD-350-HT,
- “BU 5000/320” with top drive system “EChR320”,
- “BU 6500/450” with top drive system Bentec TD-500-HT,
- ZJ-40 with top drive system TESCO,
- ZJ-50DBS with top drive system Varco TDS-9SA.
Tasks for each drilling rig are grouped into two divisions:
- about drilling rig,
- safe work on the drilling rig.
In the “About drilling rig” division, there are two types of tasks.
- Tour around the drilling rig. A trainee finds himself inside the realistic 3D-model in a role of a supervisor and can “walk around” the drilling rig and take a close look at its technological objects.
- Equipment of drilling rig. Using the 3D-model the learner can study the functional components of the drilling rig, its basic systems and units and identify its most important technological objects. A trainee can select any object (circulation system, pumping unit, driller’s cabin, slips, etc.), get full information and take a close look at this object.
In the “Safe work on the drilling rig” division, there are demonstrational and examination tasks to acquire and check the safe operation skills needed during the drilling and round-trip operations:
- double stands lowering,
- connecting the TDS with drill pipe,
- starting the drilling after drill-pipe connection,
- drilling completion,
- disconnecting the TDS from the drill pipe,
- double stands lifting,
- drilling string assembly: lifting the first drill collar and its installation into the rotary table,
- drilling string assembly: connecting the drill collar,
- laydown of pipes.
The 3D-model shows a trainee all the working operations with detailed comments as well as the condition of the control elements and other devices, giving the image of the process from any point.
The second educational unit contains demonstrational and examination tasks for systematic review and interactive assessment of knowledge in rigging-up and rigging-down of drilling rigs using the 3D-models of two rigs (“USPK BU-320” and ZJ-40) with detailed comments.
The third unit is made in the form of a guidebook that is used by a trainee to study the design of various top drive systems (2D/3D-models with indication of elements, etc.), their working principles (animation, partial management), and gain additional information about the TDS elements:
- Bentec TD-350-HT,
- Canrig 6027E-939,
- Varco TDS-9SA,
- Tesco 350 EXI 600,
- Drillmec HTD-250,
The fourth educational unit introduces a trainee to general drilling equipment and tools used in the process of well drilling. This unit contains scalable interactive pages with animated 2D/3D-graphics and navigation that dynamically explain the design of the drilling rig and its tools, its working principle, classification, and additional reference information about the elements of the rig.
The AES makes the process of examination tasks implementation fully automated providing training to any number of trainees. This goal is attained by using the automated system of knowledge control (ASKC) “Razvitie”. The ASKC provides centralized working of teachers and trainees on the AES tasks and the obtained results.