The automated education system (AES) is designated to train and upgrade skills of bridge, gantry, automobile and loader cranes operators. The system can be used to train riggers.
Using interactive screen displays, a trainee studies the components and operational principle of various cranes and their units, types of lifting gears and slinging technologies.
The program affords an opportunity to train the following actions using the models of bridge and gantry cranes:
- switching the crane on,
- switching the crane off,
- selection of cargo and relevant type of strapping,
- moving and lowering the cargo using the signaling code, etc.
The automated education system includes 3D-simulators of automobile crane and loader crane, which teaches how to:
- get the crane into operating position,
- get the crane into travelling position,
- adjustment of safety devices,
- execution of various crane operations with various types of cargo together with virtual rigger,
- operate the crane in restricted space,
- imitation of emergency situation, etc.
The user controls the cranes in 3D-simulators with a keyboard and a mouse. It is also possible to manage the crane operations with two joysticks.
The 3D-simulator provides an opportunity for the crane operator and the rigger to pass the collective training. In this case, the trainees are divided into pairs (a rigger and a crane operator).
The crane operator together with the rigger are supposed to move the cargo in restricted area. The rigger provides cargo strapping, forwarding and control making proper signals to the crane operator.
For appropriate demonstration, training and evaluation of strapping skills the AES provides the simulator program, which contains the tasks in the following areas:
- rejection of load-lifting devices,
- selection of load-lifting devices,
- controlling and moving the cargo with the virtual crane operator.
After the tasks are done, the trainee is rated by the scale from 0 to 100 on the basis of penalty criteria.